Family of Takoradi kidnapped girls hit streets to demand dismissal of CID boss, others

Takoradi residents and families of the kidnapped Takoradi girls on Wednesday embarked on a demonstration exercise to demand the dismissal of some top security heads including the Director-General of the Criminal Investigations Department (CID), COP Maame Yaa Tiwaa Addo-Danquah.

Some of the demonstrators insisted that the kidnapped girls are still alive and vowed to continue their protests until the security heads resign or are fired.

The spokesman of the kidnapped girls’ families, Michael Hayford Grant and other local civil society representatives spoke to Citi News:

“She [CID boss] came to tell Ghanaians that the girls are safe and that they would bring them back home safely but as it stands now, we don’t know where the girls are. Now they are telling us that the girls have turned into skeletons, which is unacceptable. We want to see human beings, not skeletons. We will keep on demonstrating until the Interior Minister, National Security Minister and the CID boss herself resign or are sacked,” he added.

The DNA test carried out on the human parts found in the vicinity of the suspected kidnapper’s home were confirmed by the Police to be that of the four girls who went missing in Takoradi.

The announcement was expected to bring closure to the over-one year search for the missing girls, but it appears the matter has taken a different turn with more agitations from the affected families

The Police added that further investigations revealed that the girls were victims of a “serial kidnapping and murdering syndicate that operated in the Takoradi area.”

Takoradi girls’ families demand hard copies of DNA results
Family members of the four Takoradi kidnapped girls on Tuesday besieged the Western Regional Police Command to demand hard copies of the DNA results of their relatives.

The decision of the families to pay an unannounced visit to the Western Regional Police Command according to them was because the Police Service has failed to give them copies of the DNA results.

Samuel Udoetuk-Wills, the main suspect in the case, is already serving 18-months sentence for escaping from lawful custody upon his initial arrest.


Facebook Comments

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More